Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stir Fried Winged Beans

I always buy vegetable on a whim... I can't resist anything that looks different, reminds me of a dish that I like or I just crave for. Generally, I always pick up tomatoes, cabbage, lots of green leafy vegetables and the occasional odd vegetable. This time round, I saw winged beans at a local supermarket and it had been years since I last ate it. I just knew it will taste great sauteed with chili paste and I quickly picked up some.

Sure enough, I made a very simple stir fry of just garlic, chili paste and winged beans and it was well received by my family including my picky brother!

Stir Fried Winged Beans

2 teaspoon oil
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1-1.5 tablespoon chili paste (or to taste)
200g winged beans
Salt to taste

Method:

1) Wash the winged beans and remove the thick fibrous 'vein' like thing on both sides of the beans. Slice and set aside.
2) In a wok, heat oil and saute the garlic until golden. 
3) Add chili paste and continue sauting until it turns a darker red.
4) Add winged beans and salt and cook on low heat until it is tender and not too fibrous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment