Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lemony Coleslaw

It was one of those days when I did not have much time nor the energy to prepare a meal from scratch. So I just made the ever reliable TESCO bean burger and fries and made this coleslaw for some fresh fiber and vitamin content. I love lemons and since I had one at home, I just added it. I also did not use as much vegan mayonnaise since I didn't want it to be rich but light and refreshing. Feel free to adjust the recipe according to your desire.

Lemony Coleslaw

120g cabbage, shredded
60g carrot, shredded
30g green bell pepper, diced finely
40g vegan mayonnaise (or to taste)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
a pinch of lemon zest
1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)

Method:

1) In a bowl, add the cabbage, carrot and green bell pepper.
2) Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup and toss until well coated.
3) Adjust the seasoning according to taste. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment