Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Special Wedding Anniversary

First up, apologies for not blogging for over a month. I've just been having too much on my plate and the rest of the year promises to be equally exciting and stressful! 

On May 1st we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Pretty hard to believe that five years have flown by remarkably fast! It has definitely been a journey of ups and downs, more ups I would like to believe. This year it was very special (not only due to the bling bling that hubby bought me), but also because my hubby's family actually went out for a full vegetarian meal with us! Coming from a meat-eating, vegetable neglecting diet, it was a pleasant surprise that they not only wanted to eat a vegetarian meal with us, but they also thoroughly enjoyed themselves!

We went to VegeSensation and though it was crowded (May 1st being a public holiday and all), our favourite chef, James, was working and we knew we would be fine. We ordered four types of fried rice and several side dishes ranging from fried mushrooms, kailan, minestrone soup and VegeSensation 'Chicken' (I have forgotten some of the items). The hit of the night, was the 'cereal prawn' which my mum-in-law ordered twice. She thoroughly enjoyed it, as real prawn cereal dish costs twice as much as the one at VegeSensation.

Overall, I think that was the best anniversary as yet. What was more impressive as both my brothers-in-law made separate trips to vegeSensation on their own after the meal!


Note: VegeSensation is one of our favourite food outlets. Chef James is remarkably talented and passionate about vegetarian food. The food is consistently good and he is very receptive to feedback. Location: 530, Upper Serangoon Road.


Just Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment