Sunday, March 21, 2010

Orangey Green Vege Stir Fry

This dish was created one day when I was bored and wanted to mix flavours together. I had also at that point read about how iron absorption increases with the addition of citrus. The initial plan was to add some lemon juice to this leafy vegetable (I am unsure of the name)  but because I was out of lemons, I used an orange. The idea seemed interesting in my mind, but because this vegetable had a slimy consistency (first time trying it - probably last) and an earthy flavour, it did not work as well as I thought it might. I think it will work better with lemon which has a more pungent aroma and also with a more neutral vegetable like spinach perhaps. Anyway, I didn't get a chance to measure out the ingredients but I am sure that its just a matter of adding the ingredients according to your taste.

Orangey Green Vege Stir Fry

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
About 200g green leafy vegetables
2 teaspoon orange rind
Juice of 1/2 an orange
a pinch of nutmeg
soy sauce to taste

Method

1) In a wok, add the oil. Saute the garlic until fragrant.
2) Add the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.
3) Saute until the vegetable is wilted and cooked. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment