Monday, January 11, 2010

Chinese Olive Fried Rice

I never realised how incomplete my life was until I had Olive Fried Rice at one of my favourite restaurants. Even my rice hating husband was so taken in by this savory vegetable that he gladly gobbled down the fried rice that I ordered. Needless to say, I  was intrigued and a trip to the local supermarket found me standing in front of a jar of black mass that I believed was the wonderful seasoning/vegetable that I was searching for. Fortunately, I am happy to report that I did pick up the correct ingredient and made my own version of Olive Fried Rice. Enjoy!

Chinese Olive Fried Rice
1 firm tofu
1 large potato
2 teaspoon oil
1 large onion
3 large cloves of garlic
2 chilli padi
160g long beans
1 carrot
100g cabbage
2 tablespoon preserved mustard in olives
½ tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
500g cooked rice

Method

1) Slice the tofu into thin pieces and deep fry until crispy. Set aside.

2) Slice the onion, chilli padi, long beans and cabbage. Dice the carrot. Mince the garlic.

3) In a wok, add the oil and sauté the ginger and chilli padi until fragrant. Add the remaining vegetable and the preserved mustard in olives. Saute until the vegetables are cooked.

4) Add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir until the rice is well incorporated. Adjust seasoning to taste.

5) Remove from heat and sprinkle deep fried tofu pieces before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment