Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ramen Noodles that Needs Some Work

Recently at a conference, I got a chance to try stir fried ramen noodles as part of the lunch. I wasn't particularly blown away as the noodles were quite bland tasting. Since I had some dried ramen noodles at home, I decided to have a go at it to see if I could make it better. Unfortunately, I didn't have that much better luck and my noodles were gentle on the palate. I think these noodles are best served in soups as their soft slippery texture makes slurping that much more enjoyable. 

Anyway, I'm posting up the recipe but I would advise that more spices are needed to jazz this dish up.

Stir Fried Ramen Noodles

160g dried ramen noodles (2 bundles)
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 medium onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 firm beancurd/tofu
50g carrot
100g green bell peppers
70g sweet peas
3 chili padi
1 stalk spring onion
1/2 tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
2 tablespoon sodium reduced light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce

Method:

1) Prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
2) In the mean time, cube and pan fry the tofu. Set aside.
3) Slice the onions and garlic.
4) In a wok, add the sesame oil and saute the onions. Once golden brown, add the garlic.
5) Add the vegetables and chili padi. Hold back on the spring onion.
6) Add the seasonings and once it starts to cook, add the prepared ramen noodles and tofu
7) Stir through until well coated and add spring onion. Stir once more.
8) Remove from heat and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment